Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sensations

Tonight I went on a date with my sweet little girl. It was a fun time at Christian chicken, but something was amiss. We took the standby vehicle. As we drove around town to our first stop, Toys R Us, it hit me when I turned in the parking lot and the van made the tell tale clicking noise of a bad CV axle. I wasn't embarrassed but it sounds terrible, is uncomfortable, and distracting. To top it off it's pretty dirty as well.
There is something to be said about driving enjoyment. You don't have to spend a butt ton of money to achieve that feeling. I love climbing into a freshly detailed car that smells of interior treatment and a quality wax. It really isn't as much the type of car but the condition. Yes, your enjoyment will increase if you are driving what you dream of but a lot of people are point A to B. I guarantee they enjoy seeing their floor boards again and being able to put their coffee down without having to move junk around. You have all seen, been in, or owned (not naming names but he's related to me) that vehicle that took 10 minutes to get ready for you to get in and your feet are still propped up on junk. Don't live in your car unless you are homeless or a truck driver! You will appreciate driving more, up the resale, and not litter when you open the door.
There are several car feelings you can experience. The I help the environment because I get 40+ MPG. Man this ride is smooth, I can't even tell its running. The I can get to the speed limit faster and louder than your green car! The work in progress but you see the potential in this soon to be classic. The most enjoyable, I have big enough tires to park on all ya'lls cars!
Whatever you have it will be far more enjoyable if it's clean and maintained. Who cares if it leaks a little oil, your gonna rebuild it some day but you can't enjoy it if you don't know if it's going to start when you get in on that 25 degree morning late for work.
So for a nominal price, a lot of test driving, research, and patience you can avoid despising the second biggest purchase in most of our lives. A little maintenance and not waiting till the part falls off will save you money, time, and heart ache down the road. I don't know why people neglect their cars and then get upset when it lets them down. Sounds like a metaphor but that's not my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment