Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Songs to Drive by

So what is it about that certain song that makes you want to lean on that go pedal a little more? The right song can take you back to that summer cruise time with the windows down and the radio up. I like music as much as I like cars. I feel that they have been an inspiration to each other. They put radios in cars for a reason! Bands have written music about autos and driving for years. Some better than others but covering all genres of music. From British invaders to 80's rockers to Ridin Dirty. The love affair with the automobile spans all people. Well, I made a list. The songs on my list are what drive me to lay some rubber down or just ride slow and loud. Sometimes I feel I am too old for this type of behavior but who gives a crap. I am sure the guy in his 7 series beemer is mocking me as I try and flaunt my old faded paint, hole in the muffler, no heat having mustang but I roll loud and proud! So here is the list. I hope y'all will let me know what songs make you put your phone down and really drive.
No particular order because it depends on my mood and what I am driving as to what I want to here.

Sweet Emotion (Aerosmith) This song has the cruzin part and the get up and go!
Running Down A Dream (Tom Petty) Open interstate with miles to go.
Mean Street (Van Halen) This makes me want to burn the fricking tires off my car!! Try it!
Appetite For Destruction (G&R) YES THE WHOLE DANG ALBUM!!!
Man In The Box (Alice N Chains) Good twisty road song.
Run To The Hills (Iron Maiden) Bass line that never slows down. Beat that steering wheel up!
Legs (ZZ Top) The band of car enthusiast, need I say more?
Dirt Road Anthem (Jason Aldean) I like this for those slower country drives and in a 4X4.
Back Road (Rodney Atkins) It really does make me want to take a back road, which I recommend.
International Harvester (Craig Morgan) Suck it city boys!
Interstate Love Song (STP) Another long drive song.
Train Train (Blackfoot) You will try and race everyone while this is on, well I do.
Long Tall Sally (Little Richard) Get those pipes rumbling!
Call Me The Breeze (Lynyrd Skynyrd) I am out of here! Good get away song, if you need one.
Black Betty (Ram Jam) Zippy!
Low Rider (War) Cruise, you wont go the speed limit.
Ramble On (Led Zeppelin) Again, I gots to go!
No Particular Place To Go (Chuck Berry) Let roll and get some shakes!
Paranoid (Black Sabbath) You know, too many songs like this and you'll be buying new tires.
Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen) Bang your head and sing along. Good stop light singalong!

I could keep going, there are so many great songs that are about driving or make us want to. So...the weekend is coming and summer will be here before you know it. I recommend driving for pleasure once in a while. This will make you appreciate the luxury almost all of us enjoy as Americans. Crank it up but be careful, you don't want to involuntarily contribute to the police retirement fund.

2 comments:

  1. Lol this is awesome man! How did "Tuesdays gone" not make the cut?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't put them all...The Breeze made it! I love the feed back, it always interest me what other people experience in their ride.

      Delete